People always get confused when they think about purchasing a water purifier. They assume that only RO water purifier is best for home, but it is not true, there are UV and UF water purifiers as well. Selection of water purifier for home highly dependents on the quality of the water that is supplied. No doubt RO water purifier offers an advanced level of purification than UV or UF, but whether this filtration is truly essential completely relies on the nature of the drinking water that is provided to your home. This is one criterion to choose which one is the best type of water purifier to go for.
So, if you are living in such area where the water supplied to your home have low TDS. Why spend a lot of money on costly RO purifiers, when you can have purified water by simply installing a UV or UF water purifier in your home. Yes, it is true, UV and UF water purifiers are also excellent enough to remove all the impurities from water and make it safe for consumption.
What Makes UV Water Purifier Preferable?
UV water purifier is a cost-effective means of protecting your residential drinking water against all the biological contaminants. UV water purifiers added with Ultraviolet (UV) light produces enough radiation that can easily kill the DNA of all the water-borne viruses, bacteria, molds and etc. Owing to the high power UV lamp, it can even deactivate the pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms. With the high power UV lamp, hepatitis virus can also be easily eliminated and the water that you get is 100% pure and clean.
In a water purifier, UV lamp is mounted in front of the flow chamber and any exposure of micro-organisms to the UV light source would kill it at once. The UV radiation is very effective and it can easily deactivate up to 99.99% of harmful pathogens from the supplied water.
Two Best UV Water Purifiers:
Now that you have understood how effective UV water purifiers are, you can install it at home to get pure drinking water. Well, the market is flooded with a lot of UV water purifiers and this can confuse you so, we have listed two best UV water purifiers, which is highly preferred by the customers and these are mentioned below:
KENT MAXX UV Water Purifier
KENT MAXX is one of the best UV water purifiers that has double purification technology of UV and UF. This purification process with its high power 11 watts UV lamp filters out dead bacteria, viruses and cysts from the supplied water and provide 100% pure, safe & tasty drinking water. KENT MAXX also comes with activated carbon pre-filter that helps in reducing bad taste and odor from the water and makes it healthy, tasty and safe to consume. Designed with excellence, the purifier has a storage capacity of 7 liters and this is sufficient enough for a family with 6 to 7 people. It also has a detachable storage tank and that makes it easy to clean on-site even without any help of the technician.
Some of the technical specification of KENT MAXX
- Installation: Wall mountable and Table-top
- Technology: UV+UF
- Purification capacity: 1 litre/minute or 60L/hr
- Duty Cycle: 120 litre/day
- UV Lamp: 11watts
- UF Membrane: 0.1 Microns
- Operating Voltage: 24V DC
Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier
Another best UV water purifier in the list is Aquaguard Crystal Plus, which through it purification process can provide access to clean, fresh and mineral-rich water. The water purifier also comes with Biotron technology that breaks down the water molecules into fine microclusters. This helps your body to absorb all the essential nutrients every sip you take. This water purifier also comes with Clarity Cartridge, a Chemi Block, a Mineral Guard, and a UV chamber that works perfectly in purifying water until it makes it completely safe for consumption.
Some of the technical specifications of Aquaguard Crystal Plus are:
- Purification Technology: UV
- Filtration Capacity: 30L/hr
- Unique E-Boiling
- Intelligent Purity Sensor
- Auto Shut off
- Voltage Stabilizer
- Operating Voltage: 230 V
What Makes UF Water Purifier Preferable?
Ultrafiltration is another method of purifying water. With the help of semipermeable membrane, it separates the suspended particles and other impurities of high molecular weight. During the purification process, the water is passed through the UF membrane where all the impurities are trapped and hence it delivers purified water for consumption. The best advantage of these type of water purifier is, that it does not require electricity for purification. The purifier does not use any chemicals during purification and thus the taste of water remains same. Apart from other impurities like dust, sand, chlorine, the UF water purifier also removes harmful micro-organisms like bacteria and cysts, etc.
Two Best UF Water Purifiers
The market is flooded with a wide range of UF water purifiers and we are here to explain the two best UF water purifiers and these are KENT Gold and Pureit Classic.
KENT Gold UF Water Purifier
In order to provide pure drinking water and protect your family against waterborne diseases, KENT has come up with KENT Gold water purifier. The water purifier has state-of-the-art hollow fiber UF membrane that blocks all the impurities and germs like bacteria and cysts from the water and makes it safe for consumption. Kent Gold UF water purifier has 20 liters of water storing capacity and that stores 13 liters of purified water and 7 liters of raw water. Added with an activated carbon filter, the purifier removes bad odor and make the water 100% safe, tasty and pure for consumption.
Some Technical Specifications of KENT Gold are:
- Installation: Table Top
- Technology: Ultrafiltration Technology
- Purification Capacity: 20 Liters
- Max Duty Cycle: 120 litres/day
- Storage Tank Capacity: 7 liters – Raw water, 13 liters – Purified water
- Filter Cartridges: SS Mesh, Sediment, Activated Carbon
Pureit Classic Gravity Based Water Purifier
Another gravity-based water purifier in the list is Pureit Classic that comes with Microfibre Mesh, Activated Carbon Trap and Germkill Processor that can not only remove all the impurities from water but also deliver pure and clean drinking water. The model comes with Germ Kill Kit Life indicator. It also has total water storing capacity 14 liters that make it sufficient for a family with 4 to 5 people.
Some of the Technical Features of Pureit Classic are:
- Installation: Table Top
- Total Capacity: 14 Liters
- Detachable Storage Tank: Yes
- Filter Life: 1500 L
- Storage Tank Material: ABS
Difference Between UV and UF Water Purifier
Created with Compare Ninja
- To make the UV lampwork, UV water purifier require electricity and are more expensive while UF water purifier works without electricity.
- UV Water Purifier can kill all the harmful microbes but they still present in the water. However, the inactive microbes do not have any bad effect on health. But in any cases, they did not become completely inactive and they redevelop, which results in the contamination of water. Whereas, the UF water purifier uses a UF membrane which blocks all the deadly microbes in it, as a result, gives purified water
- Since UV lamp is settled in a small compartment like a pipe through which water passes. To make the water pass through the UV lamp, running water with optimum water pressure is required. Though UF water purifier utilizes gravity to go water through the UF Membrane
- If the water is Muddy or turbid, the UV water purifier cannot purify the water. Because the UV rays will not be able to pass through the water hence water remains impure. Therefore pre-filtration is required. While UF water purifier can effectively purify muddy and turbid water. UF purification is best to remove turbidity.
- UF water purifier blocks all the bacteria, germs, and pathogens which are remains on the surface of the ultrafiltration membrane which makes obstacles to pass water through the membrane. Hence, UF purifier needs to be cleaned once in a week and requires lots of manual cleaning work. Whereas UV water purifier needs less manual cleaning.
Reading the complete blog, you have comprehended that both UF and UV water purifier has its own advantages and how they are effective enough to remove impurities. Both the purification technology is suitable for the water that has Low TDS level in it. UV water purifier kills the microorganism while their dead bodies get flushed out by Ultrafiltration. You can also pick the best model of UV or UF water purifier according to your choice and stay protected from waterborne diseases.